Place mats

I made these placemats for our dining table. It is lined with machine washable interfacing and can resist some bit of water.

WP_20130516_002

A closer look at the mat itself:

WP_20130516_003

Three pices of fabric cut and sewed together.

I used a satin ribbon between the middle and top and bottom pieces:

WP_20130516_006

Girish picked the fabric, and some of the design. I did the hard work. 🙂

The table runner for this is still under works. Until then, Bon Appetit!

Cushions

These are the cushions covers I made for the La-z-boy.

If you remember this post:

cushion1

 

 

 

I made cushion covers for these cushions. Here they are:

P1010573

 

The center rose took me long while to make, but it paid off. But one of those projects which told me I desperately need a serger. 🙂 Oh well! How the money keeps getting spent.

 

P1010574

 

 

Stretch knit top

This top came out surprisingly well. I picked the pattern off Burdastyle magazine. The measurements were totally off. A constant problem I have with these patterns. Somehow they are always too loose for me over all or too tight on the waist. But I managed to fix the problems this time. Here it is:

stretch knit top

The button emblishment and the pleats at the neck were all part of making it my size. The original pattern, the neck was way too deep.

embelishment

Capris in a classrom

I went to Joann for classes and learned how to sew these capris. I went mainly to learn the terms of what they call things here in the US and also understand patterns better. I think I got all that I asked for. Here’s what I sewed:

It had 2 neat pockets on each side. The fabric is a little stretchy. One more closer look at those pockets:

Polka dot skirt

I made this circle skirt with white polka dots on brown. It’s so lovely to woosh around as if I were a little girl. 🙂

Here’s another picture of it:

Green dress

An attempt at another Butterick pattern.

green1

The sleeve is not the best for cotton fabrics – but I wanted to try and learn to make this sleeve anyways.

green2

The buttons were made of fabric and Girish had to help me with this because it was so hard that a hammer to hit it in place also didn’t help much. It needed sheer strength and force. 😦 Have to find a better option to making fabric buttons. There should be something simpler. But thanks to Girish, it looks wonderful! I also exercised the button hole stitch on my sewing machine.

button

Image

Pink slush

I made this pink top from a Butterick pattern. The size was so off, hence the belt. But I plan to add some elastic around the waist. Still learning how these ready patterns work in terms of size. They seem to be quite off for my size. Maybe when I’m pregnant it might be useful 😉

pink1

Here’s a wrap/shawl that I crocheted over a long time now. I loved the flowers – they were a lot of fun to crochet. I got the pattern from JoAnn store when I was walking up their aisles

pink2

More pics:

pink3

And here’s the volume of those hangings. 🙂

pink4

Image

More cushions

Here are cushions I made. I did the outer cover and stuff foam into it, sealed it up.

cushion1

It doesn’t look too good just yet. It’s waiting for covers. I have some more cushions to make for the complete picture too.

cushion2

Image

The toughest one

By far my toughest one and I’m not too pleased. 😦 But it’s wearable. 🙂

The material was so difficult to work with. It nearly took me hours to get a few stitches without ripping the fabric. It’s a shiffon top with a lining. Check the pictures out:

chifftop1

The neck (pardon the manicure!):

neckchifftop

Image

My lunch bag

This is made of the left over scrap cloth. I added interfacing both black and white inside and it’s kind of water proof. So if something leaks inside, it shouldn’t spill out. I haven’t stress tested it though. :)

bag1

The inner lining is made of satin. There’s a pocket in there too to keep a phone or some money. The bag closes with a velcro on top.

bag2

Image

Previous Older Entries

%d bloggers like this: