Green dress

An attempt at another Butterick pattern.

green1

The sleeve is not the best for cotton fabrics – but I wanted to try and learn to make this sleeve anyways.

green2

The buttons were made of fabric and Girish had to help me with this because it was so hard that a hammer to hit it in place also didn’t help much. It needed sheer strength and force. 😦 Have to find a better option to making fabric buttons. There should be something simpler. But thanks to Girish, it looks wonderful! I also exercised the button hole stitch on my sewing machine.

button

Advertisements

Image

Pink slush

I made this pink top from a Butterick pattern. The size was so off, hence the belt. But I plan to add some elastic around the waist. Still learning how these ready patterns work in terms of size. They seem to be quite off for my size. Maybe when I’m pregnant it might be useful 😉

pink1

Here’s a wrap/shawl that I crocheted over a long time now. I loved the flowers – they were a lot of fun to crochet. I got the pattern from JoAnn store when I was walking up their aisles

pink2

More pics:

pink3

And here’s the volume of those hangings. 🙂

pink4

Image

Girish

A very bad attempt at sketching Girish’s picture. I tried to redraw a photograph of Girish. It looks nothing like him. 🙂

girish

Image

More cushions

Here are cushions I made. I did the outer cover and stuff foam into it, sealed it up.

cushion1

It doesn’t look too good just yet. It’s waiting for covers. I have some more cushions to make for the complete picture too.

cushion2

Image

The toughest one

By far my toughest one and I’m not too pleased. 😦 But it’s wearable. 🙂

The material was so difficult to work with. It nearly took me hours to get a few stitches without ripping the fabric. It’s a shiffon top with a lining. Check the pictures out:

chifftop1

The neck (pardon the manicure!):

neckchifftop

Image

My lunch bag

This is made of the left over scrap cloth. I added interfacing both black and white inside and it’s kind of water proof. So if something leaks inside, it shouldn’t spill out. I haven’t stress tested it though. :)

bag1

The inner lining is made of satin. There’s a pocket in there too to keep a phone or some money. The bag closes with a velcro on top.

bag2

Image

Evidence 2:03 AM

Don’t know why I named it this way.

evidence

Image

My favorite so far

This took a very long time to do and I am pleased with the results.

It first started with printing the fabric with stencil and fabric paint. I put up a far shot of the printing …

printing1

and a closer look at it. I used fabric acrylic water based paint.

printing2

And now for the top. I’ve begun to become a fan of tunics – with ruffles and such. This one is a waist cut, ruffles on the lower portion.

top1

It works well over comfy tights or skin fit taper jeans – black. It would also go well with a neck stole tied to the side rather than the front.

One more pic of it:

top2

Image

Market top

I’m not really sure what’s a good name for it, but I guess it’s a good one to wear when you go shopping or go to the the market!

There’s an elastic at the sleeve and at the hip.

market topmarket top

The neck is an old fashioned folded satin.

neck

Image

Princess Seam shirt

I made a shirt from the design of my old shirt and tried to recreate it with the fabric I bought. It didn’t come out quite as I expected, but well, it’s wearable. :)

princess seam shirt

The sleeve I made a variation from my old shirt. This is my own idea here:

sleeve

Image

Previous Older Entries

%d bloggers like this: